Due to the 24-hour rolling strikes announced by Air Traffic Control Personnel starting Sunday 9 October 00:01 to Monday 10 October 23:59, there have been various changes and cancellations to all domestic and international flights to/from all Greek airports. Please keep in mind that there are further strikes announced for Wednesday, October 12 and Thursday, October 13.
You are strongly advised to contact your airline to confirm or change your tickets. Please also contact your hotel to adjust your reservation accordingly, to avoid being charged cancellations fees.
Reaching Rhodes via boat from Athens is an actual alternative to be considered.
For international participants there is the alternative to travel to Dalaman, Milas-Bodrum or Antalya Airports in Turkey, go to Marmaris by bus and reach Rhodes via boat (daily trips).
Having carefully examined all possible options, the Organizing Committee have decided that:
- The conference will take place as initially planned.
- All sessions will take place as initially planned with the delegates present.
- All delegates that will arrive later in Rhodes, will participate at the conference at whatever point they will arrive.
- All delegates that will not make it to Rhodes:
- They will have their position papers red during the first Tour de Table by the Board.
- Save they have sent a position paper, they will receive their certificate and participants kit by mail.
- All delegates that will miss the conference will have a special registration period for specially reduced fees at RhodesMRC 2017, to be held October 11-15, 2017.
- Efforts will be made to live stream the sessions online, so that the absent delegates to be actively involved and participate with statements. If technical specifications allow, we will further provide actual participation through Google Hangouts.
In case of totally canceling your trip to Rhodes and your participation to the conference, please let us know via e-mail at email@example.com.